Effective Date: 08/03/2020
Queen City Music Studio
1021 Delta Ave
Cincinnati, OH USA 45208
Information we collect and how we use it
We collect information that you provide to us and from your use of the Services. The information that we collect and how we process it depends on how you use and access the Services. We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide about yourself – When you use the Site, we may ask you for personal information to complete your enrollment or other services. The types of personal information (“Personal Information”) that may be collected in order to complete enrollment/other service requests includes: (1) contact data (such as e-mail address, telephone number and school/employer); (2) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth and zip code); (3) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP address; and (4) billing and shipping addresses, details relating to your purchase, and credit card information.
“Usage Information” or “Usage Data” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, operating system and webpages visited. Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of Usage Information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person. Also, some Usage Data may be Personal Information under applicable law. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve the site and the services and products we provide.
- Information you provide about others – In some instances, we may request that you submit information about other people. For example, if you are requesting enrollment for another person, we will ask for that person’s information.
- Comments or postings you voluntarily provide – We may collect any information that you voluntarily disclose, including Personal Information, and any postings, comments, forums, or blogs within the site or on social media.
- Log information – When you access the Site via a browser, application or other website our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Queen City Music Studio, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services, and to notify you of events in the system.
- Business partners and service providers – Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) about you through the Services and share it with us.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services; and
We may transfer information about you, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, sale, reorganization, acquisition or other change of ownership or control of Queen City Music Studio or any affiliated company.
When you buy something on this website and/or through Queen City Music Studio, we will collect additional personal information from to you to fulfill your order including billing information. The information that Queen City Music Studio will collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information and the payment method information that we collect will depend upon the payment method you choose. When you make a transaction, we may also receive your name, email, billing or shipping address and in some cases your transaction history to authenticate you. We will share this information with our third-party vendors to process your payment information.
When either we, or our third-party payment processor, conduct fraud monitoring, prevention and detection activities, we may also receive personal data about you from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources (e.g. name, address, phone number, country), as necessary to confirm your identity and prevent fraud. Our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention services may use technology that helps us assess the risk associated with an attempted transaction that is enabled on our site, the third-party vendor’s website or the application that collects information.
We may share and disclose information as described at the time information is collected or as follows:
- To Perform Services. We may disclose Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services requested or functions initiated by users. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information in order to identify a user in connection with communications sent through the Services.
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. We may share information as needed to operate other related services.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing emails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us storage and analysis; (d) provide fraud prevention; and (e) provide other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential.
We employ industry standard security measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through the Services. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
The Services are not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
Consistent with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under the age of 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot se the Services and subsequently will delete that information.
How we respond to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to digital services that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity tracked. If a digital service that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that digital service from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, we and many other digital service operators do not respond to DNT signals.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.